- Matt Haney for School Board fundraiser soul dance party 6.30-9.30pm reception then DJ all night Sloane 1525 Mission/11th
Weekend: go to FunCheap, ScoutMob, and the Guardian all have great stuff posted: El Rio 4/20 fundraiser, Cesar Chavez Day parade, Free National Parks Day, etc! Go enjoy this fabulous weather.
- Precious screens 7pm Mission Cultural Center 2868 Mission/24th. Intense first film of their April free film series
- Etsy seed bomb class 6-8pm Museum of Cultural and Folk Art 3rd/Mission/Yerba Buena Lane $10
Thurs, March 22:
- INFORUM's 21st Century Award presents: Dave Eggers 7pm Herbst Theatre Van Ness/McAllister $10-25 (more for fancy premium seating and reception). Awesome local dude who's made international change
Friday, March 23 (too lazy for links):
- Peer Resources benefit 4-6pm El Rio Mission/Precita. All bar tabs go to this great org
- Alite party! 5-8pm Mariposa/Bryant
- Art Explosion open studios 7-11pm 17th/Alabama
Saturday, March 24:
- Sour Floor 1,000 loaves celebration 1-4pm Esperanza Garden 685 Florida
March 16-18: Being rain-lazy: Scoutmob has fun stuff and details listed for this weekend. Funcheap has all your St.Paddy's listings listed. Put on your galoshes and go do things!
- BarBot2012 8pm-12am PariSoma 169 11th/Natoma $15. ROBOTS POUR YOU DRINKS! Also Saturday
- SF History Expo 11am-4pm Old Mint 88 5th/Mission free, donations welcome. Such a nerdy good time, learning about our fair city's history. Also Sunday
- Classical Revolution plays 6-7.30pm Brava Theatre 24th/York free
- BarBot2012 8pm-12am PariSoma 169 11th/Natoma $15. ROBOTS POUR YOU DRINKS!
- Asian Art Museum be free 10am-5pm McAllister/Larkin
- SF History Expo 11am-4pm Old Mint 88 5th/Mission free, donations welcome. Such a nerdy good time
- 50% off Community Thrift 17th/Valencia!
Thurs 8, Fri 9, Sat 10:
- Mission Night Market 6pm-late 3376 18th/Mission
- Sunday Streets 2012 kick-off Embarcadero 11am-4pm
Last few days of NoisePop! Plus, SF.Funcheap.com has hella stuff listed. Kudos!
Thurs Feb 23:
- Benefit party for Garden for the Environment! presented by Haight Ashbury Neighborhood Council 6-9pm 111 Minna/2nd $5. Live music, free drinks to early birds, raffle prizes, nibbles, fun
Fri Feb 24:
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra plays 11pm Clift Hotel Geary/Taylor free w/RSVP doors 9pm!
Sat Feb 25:
- Punk Rock swap meet 1-6pm Speakeasy Brewery 1195 Evans. Music, fashion, cheap good beer, and food for sale
Sun Feb 26:
- Benefit for Nigel from Eatwell Farm 5-9pm Tacolicious 741Valencia/19th $45 (or more, generous people!). Help him beat cancer by eating delicious food/drinking delicious drinks
Mon Feb 27:
- DJ Purple! 9.30pm! Makeout Room 3325 22nd/Mission! free!
Wed Feb 29:
- 29% off Cole Hardwares around town!
- Nibble samples off new menu 5-10pm Sneaky's BBQ at Rebel Bar 1760 Market/Valencia
- Richard Prelinger's "Lost Landscapes" screens 7.30pm CounterPulse 1310 Mission/9th
Thurs March 1:
- Human Rights Film Fest presents "Salaam Dunk" 7.30pm YBCA 3rd/Mission $6/$8. Doc about Iraqi girls basketball
Thurs Feb 16:
- INFORUM presents: SF's Hottest Culinary Crew 6.30pm Commonwealth Club 595 Market/2nd $7/15/25. Yum!
Sat Feb 18:
- Grand opening party! 8am-7pm Roll SF Bicycles 275 Rhode Island/16th. Food, drinks, and prizes
Sun Feb 19:
- Warren Hellman HSB memorial concert extravaganza at Ocean Beach. Wow.
- First Thursdays art crawl downtown. Check FecalFace link at right for info!
- Etsy Craft Bar makes/breaks your heart 6-8pm Museum of Craft and Folk Art Yerba Buena Lane/3rd/Mission $5 for supplies and instruction
- Art in the Basement group show of Sports Basement employee talents 5-8pm 1590 Bryant/15th
- New show up! 6.30-9.30pm Secession Art & Design 3361 Mission/30th. Snacks and sips and sensational art!
- Mission Arts Performance Project 1pm kids stuff 5pm older crowd during this Mission art crawl. Pick up your MAPP at Red Poppy 23rd/Folsom
- Asian Art Museum be free 10am-5pm Larkin/McAllister
- Community Thrift is 50% off today! Valencia/17th. Vintage that supports local charities
- Drive screens 7.30pm doors Independent 628 Divis/Hayes. Free with '2 drink min' 21+
- Breathe Owl Breathe and Laura Gibson and more croon 8.30pm doors Bottom of the Hill 17th/Missouri $12
- Most museums around town be free today
- Green Drinks 5.30-9pm 111 Minna/2nd. Network/hit on other greenies. Free in general, but $10 to speed date
- Aphrodesia After Hours 6-10pm Conservatory of Flowers GG Park JFK/Stanyan $10/$7 members and $5 drinks (by Cocktail Lab and Comrades Brewing!). Jazz, photobooth, choco-talks and tastings by TCHO
- Bold Italic "Mid-Riff" block tour 6-8pm 6th/Market. Lots of cool art spaces and businesses open for you to explore
- David Campos rally 6-9pm Blue Macaw Mission/22nd
- Gardens and Villa play 10pm Rickshaw Stop 155 Fell/Van Ness $12
Keep coming back for more events!
Sports Basement has 20% off most everything til it snows! Waiting for winter....
- $1 drafts of Radeburger and Racer for Rosamunde's bday Mission/24th
- "International Juried Plastic Camera Show" 6pm RayKo Photo Center 428 Third/Harrison. "The best images from the worst cameras"
- Save KUSF event 7-10pm Wix Lounge 3169 Mission/22nd
- Nerd Nite 7.30pm Rickshaw Stop 155 Fell/Van Ness $8. Ice cream, streetcar suburb, and antibody engineering
- Awesome garage rock benefit 8pm doors Mezzanine 5th/Mission/Jessie $10. Shannon and the Clams, Ty Segall, and more
- Brazil in the 60s photo opening 5pm-late 111 Minna/2nd. Pretty pictures of gorgeous people
- Occupy Wall Street West mobilizations and art/music-fest 6am-night 101 Market
- Beyond the Blaze: Fire relief benefit 6.30-10pm St. Cyprian's 2097 Turk/Lyon $12/$15. Awesome food, music, drinks, raffle
- Save KUSF benefit 9pm-late Bender's S.Van Ness/19th $5-10
- Gathering for Women's Rights 11am-1pm Justin Herman Plaza/Ferry Bldg. Join artists, musicians, activists, and everyday folks to protect our rights
- Chalk screens 2pm Main Library Grove/Larkin. Doc about pool + justice
- FoodSocial 5-10pm Wix Lounge 3169 Mission/22nd. Yum street food vendor gathering, grub for sale, gotta RSVP
- Seasonal plant sale 12-5pm Hayes Valley Farm 450 Laguna/Fell. Chard it up
- Undercover presents.....Nick Drake's Pink Moon 7.30pm doors Rickshaw Stop 155 Fell/Van Ness $15/20. Hella bands perform the songs of this album
- State of the Union address 6pm. Gobama
- The Inspired Vegan book party 7.30-9pm Museum of African Diaspora 685 Mission/3rd $15. Bryant Terry makes you crave plantlife
- SanFraNOLA 6pm Public Works 161 Erie/13th/Mission free. Celebrate SF and New Orleans with jambalaya and Lagniappe brass band
- Cello show at Music Community Center 550 Capp/20th free
- Arty party and sale 6.30-9.3opm Secession Art & Design 3361 Mission/30th. Sips, nibbles, and 20% off
- American Tripps ping pong 7pm-late Secret Alley Capp/17th $5
- 1st Thursday Art Crawl downtown: Check FecalFace link at right for details
- Fox & Woman + Driftwood Singers + The Traveling Kind play Amnesia 853 Valencia/20th $7
- "Lunch Break" interactive exhibit 11.30am-1.30pm MoMA 3rd/Mission. Pop up Rice Paper Scissors and art about lunch breaks
- "Kicking Ass" class/happy hour 4-6pm El Rio Mission/Precita. Self defense and drinks
- Art Murmur in Oakland! Grass Widow plays 9pm at Uptown for free amongst all the other cool art and community events
- "Taking Stock" exhibit opening 6.30-8.30pm Z Space 450 Florida/Mariposa. Food packaging art study! Then meander south to....
- "Working Conditions" closing reception 7-9pm SoEx 20th/Florida. Cool show displaying art of labor and process
- Art party and concert 7-10pm Wix Lounge 3169 22nd/Mission
- Vintage paper fair! 10am-6pm County Fair Bldg 9th/Lincoln GG Park. Also Sunday
- Asian Art Museum be free 10am-5pm Larkin/McAllister
- Girls only clothing swap and salon 2-6pm Wix Lounge 3169 22nd/Mission
- Olentangy John and more play 9pm Hotel Utah 500 4th/Bryant $7. Folk-tacular
- "We Dream in the Daytime Too" exhibit opening 7-10pm Photobooth 1193 Valencia/23rd
- American Tripps Berlin ping pong 8.30pm-late D-Structure 520 Haight/Fillmore $5
- Good Food Awards Marketplace 8am-2pm Ferry Bldg (beer garden 11am-2pm) $5-$15. Taste the culinary wonders of the Bay Area!
- Last Days of Discolandia: KUSF and soul dance party 9pm-2am Cyclecide Swearhouse 1660 Jerrold/3rd $10
- Seaweed Sway Showcase featuring Assateague + Trails & Ways + Susanne Vallie 7.30pm doors Makeout Room 3225 22nd/Mission $8-10
- MLK Day of Service at parks all over! Go dig
- "Daisy Bates: First Lady of Little Rock" screens 5.45pm Main Library Larkin/Grove. Civil rights legend documentary
- Old Mint tour 7.30pm 88 Fifth/Mission $5. Architecture and history dorks unite!