- RitLab: Hanukkah-Houdini 6-8pm Contemporary Jewish Museum 736 Mission/3rd $5. Cohen cover choir, dreidl-off, and 'afterschool activity for adults'
- Objectified screens 7pm MoMA 3rd/Mission $5. Cool doc about every little thing
- American Tripps ping-pong-aganza 9pm Project1 251 Rhode Island/16th $5. Run around and paddle down
- Contemporary Jewish Museum be free
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fri 16 Sat 17 Sun 18:
- So much going on this weekend. I defer to SF.FunCheap for details on most. Here are some other gems:
- Teachers for Social Justice happy hour fundraiser 4-6pm El Rio 3158 Mission/Precita
- Divisadero art walk 5-10pm Divis/Haight-Geary. Deals and merriment at various locations
- Inner Richmond microhood party 6pm Clement/6th Ave. Bold Italic puts on a bodacious block party
- Fool's Gold plays another free show 6pm Brick & Mortar Mission/Duboce. Get there early
- Cool fashion show (Madewell) and Lomography party downtown. And, a floating film! Thanks, FunCheap!
- SHIFT Catalogue release party 6.30-8pm SF Arts Commission 401 Van Ness/McAllister. Champagne, chocolate, and happy collaboration between SF Rec and Parks + Sports Basement
- La Cocina Gift Fair 5-9pm Mission Cultural Center 2868 Mission/25th. Come buy delicious amazing stuff! Then meander up to....
- Mission Holiday Block Party 5-10pm up and down Valencia, lots of deals, drinks, etc.
- Lower Haight Art Crawl 6-9.30pm. Keep crawling southeast to Mint Slope Block Party 6-9pm
- Winter Wunderkammer holiday art sale 6-11pm The Lab 2948 16th/Capp. All original local art for under $50. Also Saturday
- Art opening party! 6.30-9.30pm Secession Art & Design 3361 Mission/30th. Wine and great fun happy art and local/independent goods
- Print PRint PRINT show 6.30pm 1AM Gallery 1000 Howard/6th
- 826 Valencia Nerd Variety Show 7-9pm Elks Lodge 450 Post/Powell $5 suggested donation for their tutoring program. Awesome quirky presentations, 'scandalously priced drinks,' and 'well-dressed sparkingly witty company'
- All of the Lights: Fem Ferocity spectacular shoe pop-up 7-11pm Root Division 3175 17th/S Van Ness "A night full photography, music and fashion"
- Neighborhood Folk: benefit for ScholarMatch 9pm Summit 780 Valencia/19th $10 suggested donation. Good local musicians do their thing so kids can attend college
- Winter Wunderkammer holiday art sale 11am-4pm The Lab 2948 16th/Capp. All original local art for under $50
- Tweed Ride 11am. Fancy pedallers loop around, then head back to Rickshaw for afterparty
- Wix Lounge holiday pop up shop 11am-5pm Wix 2601 22nd/Mission 3rd Floor
- Holiday fair 12-5pm SF Center for the Book 300 De Haro/16th. Hella handcrafted screenprinted pressed goodness for sale, plus snacks and drinks
- Vagabond craft fair w/Etsy Street Team 12.30-6pm Urban Bazaar 1371 9th Ave/Irving. "a dozen local artists and craftspeople selling a variety of great handmade gifties in our backyard "winter wonderland" garden + a bake sale + a warm beverage station"
- Grand opening 12-7pm Gem & Jetsam 3257 20th/Mission. "Artisan accessories and rescued rarities"
- Ideas 2 Impact brainstorming-networking-humanitarian-dinner 6.30-10.30pm PariSoMa 169 11th St/Howard. RSVP for this great event and free dinner
- Misfit Toy Factory 7-10pm Root Division 3175 17th/S Van Ness free to attend. Local artists construct unique constructions for $40 pieces of art
- Splurge: Bold Italic Winter Formal $30 8pm Verdi Club. Great bands and dance lessons! Pricey, but prob the place to be
- American Tripps: Lower Haight! 8.30pm-1am D-Structure 520 Haight/Fillmore $5. Ping pong!
- SFMade craft fair 10am-5pm Fort Mason Center Marina/Buchanan. Go get your quality local goods here!
- FunCheap has the deets on Geek Holiday Party and Noise Pop'n'Shop
- SF Youth Summit 12-5pm SoMarts 934 8th/Brannan free. Amazing performances, lunch, and gathering of great minds
- "A Night of Truth & Lies" presented by The Rumpus and Mother Jones 7pm Makeout Room 3225 22nd/Mission $10. Comedy, great stories, live music, and fact checking!
- SF Symphony discussion and performance 6pm Main Library. Go get cultured
- smartMeme party 5.30-7.30pm Women's Bldg 18th/Valencia. Donations encouraged for open bar, snacks, fun
- Dark Nights music fiesta 8pm Verdi Club 2727 Mariposa/Hampshire free. Snacks, great local bands, and cheap drinks
Lots of great shows at Great American Music Hall this week!
Thursday, December 1:
- Power Hour: Focus on Factory Farming 12pm Green Zebra in Crocker Galleria Post/Montgomery. Please RSVP
- Make a penguin! 6-8pm Museum of Craft and Folk Art c/Etsy Labs 51 Yerba Buena Lane/3rd/Mission $10 materials included
- How to Get Your Holiday Squeeze: Sex & Dating in SF 6.30pm program INFORUM of the Commonwealth Club 595 Market/2nd $7/$12/$20. Funny panelists and then afterparty
- Working Solutions gift fair 5-8pm 101 2nd St/Mission. Learn about micro-loans, buy some awesome hand-crafted local stuff
- Trek Travel party 6.30-8.30pm Velo Rouge Cafe 798 Arguello/McAllister. "Enjoy wine and beer, light hors d’oeuvres, raffles, prizes and fun complementary gift bags" Please RSVP
- Wildlife Works launch party 7pm Hangr16 3128 16th/Valencia. RSVP and celebrate with refreshments at this socially responsible, Kenyan sanctuary-supporting clothing line
- Lower 24th Street First Fridays 6.30-9.30pm 24th Mission-Potrero. Lots of stores offer deals and delights. Highlights: Alley Cat Books at Balmy and Arkay at York
- Live score by Los Lobos crew to classic film His Excellency 7pm Tivka Records/Queen's Nail Annex Mission/Valencia. Free
- OccupySF Housing march. Google that business for details
- Supermarket Sweep alley cat bike race 12pm Cupid's Bow at Embarcadero. SF Food Bank awesome fundraiser!
- Bizarre Bazaar extravaganza 12-6pm Concourse Center 8th/Brannan. Free, or get $10 special preview tix. Also Sunday
- SF Forest Choir (female group that sings in English and Japanese) perform 3-4pm Western Addition Library 1550 Scott
- Splurge: Bay Brewed event brings you great bands and great beer $45/$55 at Verdi Club 2-7pm
- Asian Art Museum be free
- Bizarre Bazaar extravaganza 11am-6pm Concourse Center 8th/Brannan. Free, or get $10 special preview tix
- 50% off Community Thrift Valencia/17th
- Some slapstick movie at Independent 628 Divis/Hayes '2 drink min' 21+ (either Horrible Bosses or My Idiot Brother)
- Hecka museums around town be free